What music are you listening to these days?
Read any good books lately?
Hmm….. not really, to be honest! I go through phases where I read a lot and then others where I hardly read at all. Lately it’s been the latter. One that I’m almost through with, though, is Patti Digh’s ‘Life is a Verb’, and it’s wonderful! I also loved ‘Eat, Pray, Love’.
Have a yummy recipe to share?
I’d be happy to share one of my favorite easy soup recipes! (I never measure anything, so all the measurements are approximations)–
- Boil a cup or two of water with 4-5 dried shiitake mushrooms in it.
- Chop up whatever veggies you have in the fridge (some that I like to use are carrots, zucchini, chard, and green beans) and add them to the boiling water.
- Add a few tablespoons of rice vinegar to the mixture.
- Add some bean thread noodles.
- Add a tablespoon or so of tamari.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until veggies and noodles are to your liking.
- Turn off heat and add a heaping spoonful of miso and some chili paste (I add a lot, because I like it spicy!)
- Then enjoy!
What is inspiring you at the moment?
Inspiring me: warm weather! I’m also really inspired by creating artwork based around the idea of abundance. I love starting a piece and just seeing where it goes.
What projects are you currently working on?
I’m currently working on getting some new things created for my etsy shop, as well as starting to apply to some spring and summer shows. I’m about to send out a bunch of promo postcards in an attempt to get some illustration/pattern design freelance work, and soon I am going to be starting some new paintings for a show at Yes Gallery in June. ANd I”m working on my new blog, Pecannoot! I have big plans for it. :)