I recently had some girl friends over to get dressed up and watch the Oscars and drink fancy cocktails. I made this orange cake and it was very good. Here is the recipe:
Orange Cake Recipe
- Cooking-oil spray
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 oranges (about 1 lb. total), ends trimmed, then cut into chunks and seeded (or tangerines)
- 2½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. orange juice
- Preheat oven to 325°. Coat a 10-cup Bundt pan with cooking-oil spray. In a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed, beat butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- Whirl orange chunks in a food processor until mostly smooth but not puréed. Add 1½ cups orange mixture to batter and beat until blended. Add flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to bowl and beat until smooth. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few crumbs clinging to it, about 55 minutes. Cool pan on a rack 10 minutes, then invert cake onto rack and let cool completely.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooled cake. Let glaze set, then slice cake.
Recipe via Sunset Magazine. Food photography by me, Michelle Smith.