I think you’re either a chickpea fan or you’re not. I am, and won my husband over a few years ago. Lucky for us, our toddler daughter also loves any type of beans too. So when we make this healthy, quick snack it doesn’t last long before it’s eaten all up.
|Roasted Chickpeas Recipe|
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (optional)
- garlic salt (optional)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them.
- In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil, and season to taste with salt, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper, if using.
- Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy.
- Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning.