Okay, this is not my usual type of food post but it was Superbowl yesterday and we did make a variation of these pepperoni rolls for dinner. Though not in the least bit healthy, they were delicious. We made our own crust from the pizza dough recipe we usually use, only we added lots of garlic salt and Italian herbs this time around. We also used a blend of fresh pecorino, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses because we had those in the refrigerator.
- homemade pizza dough (or refrigerated store bought)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- garlic salt
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian herbs
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Roll out bread dough out into a rectangle. Brush dough with oil. Add pepperoni and cheeses over the dough. Sprinkle on the herbs. Roll up the dough like a jelly roll and pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 4o minutes, or until golden.