Shrimp and Andouille Pot Pies
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of 16-ounce packag e all-butter puff pastry or half of 17.3-ounce package regular puff pastry), thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 1/2 cups sliced leeks (white and pale green parts only; from 3 large)
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, cut into scant 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 1 1.5-ounce package concentrated classic seafood stock (such as Glace de Fruits de Mer Gold) mixed with 2 cups water; or 2 cups bottled clam juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 8-ounce red-skinned potato, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds deveined peeled uncooked jumbo shrimp, cut into 1-inch pieces
Preheat oven to 400Â°F. Roll out pastry on floured surface to 12-inch square. Cut out four 5 1/2-inch rounds. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet; bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool on sheet. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap airtight and store at room temperature.
Preheat oven to 400Â°F. Whisk cream and flour in small bowl. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and sautÃ© until tender, about 10 minutes. Add andouille and garlic and sautÃ© 4 minutes. Add vermouth; simmer until liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Add seafood stock mixture and thyme. Bring to simmer. Add potato and cook uncovered until tender, about 6 minutes.
Add cream mixture to skillet; stir. Simmer until sauce thickens and boils, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat. Add shrimp; simmer until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide hot filling among four 1 1/4-cup baking dishes. Top each with pastry round. Bake until filling bubbles, about 5 minutes.
** Image Credits: The Noshery