Quinoa is a wonderfully versatile “grain” that can be used as the base to a variety of ingredients. And though it looks and tastes like a grain, it is actually a leafy green that falls somewhere between spinach and swiss chard – really! One of our favorite Raleigh restaurants is Neomonde, a Lebanese cafe that serves tabbouleh, among other Mediterranean fare.
This healthy tabbouleh salad (though not Neomonde’s) is one you can easily make at home and tastes great.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bunch curly parsley, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- 2. Mix remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl. Add quinoa and stir gently to combine. Serve with grilled lamb or beef kebabs, if you like.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Recipe via Sunset
** Image Credits: Michelle Smith