- Ranunculus brought home from the store by my husband
- Homemade pizza with local goat cheese and herbs from the garden
- Kitchen dance parties
- Clearing my in-box to “0” – huzzah!
- Finished books: Alice Waters & Chez Pannise and The Glass Castle
- My first attempt at *replacing sugar with honey (so much better for you) in banana bread
* The trick to replacing sugar with honey is reducing the liquid in the recipe by about 1/4, lowering the cooking temperature 15-25° and using about 2/3 less honey than sugar. I modified a family banana bread recipe and it worked perfectly. It was definitely a little less “sugary” tasting though and next time I’ll try to add raisins to it to replace the slightly missing sweet flavor. All in all, I was very pleased and will by trying this again with all our sweet recipes.